Sunday, December 3, 2006

Cheerleading: a Sport or Not?

This is an article that came about in the oddest way possible. My friends and I where sitting around in the front of the dorm when my best friend and roomate came in. She was wearing her cheerleading uniform becuase she came back from practice and then this girl microwaving something yelled out “Don’t waste your time trying to be a wannabe gymnist, everyone knows cheerleading is not a sport.” Personally all of us were offended. We felt very well that cheerleading in one way or another was a sport. That was Friday night.

Saturday morning I was bored. I had just finsihed writing a term paper so I was still in research essay mode. I was kinda tired yet relaxed so I threw together this essay. The research if pretty amature. So heres the quote:


“…most solid pyramid. Coordination is key for cheerleaders.
The dictionary states that a sport is an activity involving physical activity and competing. That means that you have to do something athletic and you have to compete. Things like basketball and football are easily defined as sports because of what they involve. The definition of che… “


Enjoy. Comments and Arguements Welcome. If there are enough expect a follow up.

Get Ready,

A.

No comments: